Time to Seriously Reconsider the Role Open Source Can Play in Data and Analytics

Only 11 percent of business intelligence (BI) and analytics users consider open source critical. Despite sitting squarely in a minority, those people outperform the other 89 percent on many key measurements. They report significantly more instances of:

  • BI and analytics budget increases
  • The highest level of success with BI initiative
  • Data leaders in place
  • The two highest levels of data literacy
  • Making data-driven decisions all the time

These positive data indicate there likely is something very “right” in perceiving open source as critical. Those who do not currently share this perspective should reconsider their positions, or risk falling behind.You do not have permission to access this document. Make sure you are logged in and/or please contact Danielle with further questions.


Rate this Research


Rated 5.0 out of 5
Very good0%