October 17, 2019
Happy October! I hope you are having a good Autumn so far.
Here is a recap of the recent activity at Dresner Advisory Services.
Recent and Upcoming Research
Wisdom of Crowds Market Research Reports
In the past month we’ve published the Small and Mid-Sized Enterprise Business Intelligence Market Study examining BI usage within small and mid-sized organizations with an analysis of how their deployments and views differ from each other and from large organizations.
We also published the Sales Planning Market Study. The 2nd annual report examines how organizations value and deploy sales planning technology, looking at use cases, adoption levels, budgets, and overall success of sales planning, and comparing these findings to overall enterprise planning trends.
For those who have external distribution rights for a report, remember that you can create summaries of the report to distribute and excerpt content to incorporate within your own marketing materials. I’m happy to help!
The analyst team is now working on our fifth annual IoT Intelligence® Market Study, on target for publication later this month. Embedded BI, the first report to be based off of data collected in our recent mid-year program, is scheduled for November.
We recently issued two new titles, covering Analytical Data Infrastructure, and the current and future state of Big Data Analytics.
Research Insights are based on data collected from multiple sources, including our bi-annual survey process, the weekly tweet chat, and industry events such as the recent Strata conference. They are provided as part of your annual subscription for internal use; if you would like to distribute any of these you may apply your subscription units.
If you’ve missed any of the previous titles, here is the complete catalog:
- Why You’re Hearing Less About Big Data
- Many Factors Drive Analytical Data Infrastructure (ADI) Plans and Decisions
- Understanding ERP Adoption Enables Success
- Sales Planning, An Increasingly Critical Tool for Business Success
- Governance Resonates with Users and Improves BI
- Understanding ERP Strategy is Key to Success When Sourcing BI and Analytics
- Navigating and Thriving in a Quickly Evolving BI Software Landscape
- Making Optimal Data-Driven Decisions – Eliminating the Barriers at Your Company
- Adopting Performance Management Can Improve BI Outcomes
- Sentiment Continues to Climb Among Users as BI Tools Migrate to Cloud
- For SMEs, Alignment with BI will Make Enterprise Planning More Successful
- Introducing and Benchmarking Against the Business Intelligence Value Index®
- Best Practices in the Business Intelligence Value Index®
- What’s Driving the Resurgence in the Strategic Importance of Self-Service BI?
- Effectiveness and Value of Data and Analytics Leadership
- Introducing the Business Intelligence Success Index®
- Leverage Cloud BI Experience for Success with Enterprise Planning
Real BI 2020: May 5-6, MIT Campus, Cambridge MA
We continue to expand on our fourth annual Real Business Intelligence Conference, and have recently added Robin Washington, Executive Vice President and CFO of Gilead Life Sciences to the agenda. In addition to delivering a presentation, Ms. Washington will support our Women in Tech Breakfast discussion.
Other confirmed speakers include:
- Dr. Kirk Borne, Chief Data Scientist at Booz Allen
- MIT professor Dr. Erik Brynjolfsson;
- Alberto Cairo, professor of visual journalist at the University of Miami School of Communication;
- Astronaut Dr. Story Musgrave;
- Gebhard Rainer, CEO of Sandals;
- Dr. Gary Urton, Archeology Professor at Harvard University.
We expect to launch the conference officially later next month, although early registration is already open. I know we have conversations set up with many of you to discuss your sponsorship level for 2020 – if we do not have something scheduled and you are interested in learning more, please reach out to Michelle and she can arrange a time for us to talk.
As always, don’t hesitate to call or email with any questions, and thanks for your ongoing support!